Tuesday 14 August 2012

J&A Wedding: Hair & Makeup

Ok, onward with J&A's wedding! Yesterday was the couple's rehearsal, today is all about Jackie. Before she could walk down the aisle, we spent the morning in hair and makeup.

Jackie did a little research on the Newport, RI area and consulted a few friends who went to school close by before selecting Curl up & Dye for our updos. I was able to go with Jackie to her trial run a few months ago and instantly fell in love with the stylist we'd all be using, Marissa. 

As I mentioned in a previous post (here), I decided to let my natural curls shine through for this wedding. Well, that's a lie. They still curled my entire head of hair. But seeing as I have naturally curly hair, my pony tail is never sleek. So an updo with texture looks more "me" as my mom would say.


Yes, I have red highlights at the ends of my hair. Word of advice, do not get highlights when you're a brunette....wayyy to much work to maintain. I've been trying to get rid of it for over a year now. You can say I told you so Mom. 


 Christina had the most hair out of all of us BY FAR. And I'm pretty sure her updo was done the fastest. Marissa was amazing!


Meghan had the goldilocks look going once she was all curled! 


 Meg's finished product. Beautiful!

So, there's a story with my mom. We came down to Newport for her hair trial about two months prior to the wedding and she had just had her hair trimmed. Lo and behold, it was too short for an updo. She promised Marissa she would not trim it again before the wedding, and she didn't, and it drove her crazy! ha. But I am so happy she didn't, because she looked so beautiful.


She has SUPER curly hair and wanted to wear her hair up for the wedding to try to beat the August humidity New England enjoys so much. No lie, Marissa had her hair pinned up in probably 20 minutes. And it was perfect! How beautiful do her curls look?!

Somehow I missed hair photos of the Mother of the Groom and bridesmaid Ashley but they both looked gorgeous.

And last but not least, the Bride! When we came for Jackie's trial, she was thinking something much sleeker, small bump to the back, simple bun. Don't get me wrong, it looked beautiful. But boy am I glad she had a change of heart and decided to go with something a bit more airy and relaxed looking. These pictures really don't do it justice, the lightings off. But I promise, there will be more later this week.


 Once our hair was done, we headed back to the hotel for makeup. Look at that makeup spread?! I die. 


Our makeup artist for the day also happens to be a really good friend of mine. And she is SO talented. I love watching her do makeup. I let her put way more eye makeup on me than I would normally wear on a work day but it's totally worth it. It translates so well in photos. And of course, she had the fake eyelashes ready for all of us!

Jackie still waiting for the makeup chair, Christina all ready to go! Don't her eyes look amazing?!

 Somebody got a card delivered during the pre-wedding prep. (I know you're wondering, I was too so I stole a glance at the tag, her gorgeous tunic dress is from J.Crew. You're welcome.)


Just a little pre-wedding champagne while getting prettied up! 

And we are off to the main event! Wahoo! 


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment