By the way - I haven't had an ear infection since I was probably 10! It honestly never crossed my mind that I'd get one as an adult. Weird? Maybe.
At least this guy was more than happy to snuggle during nap times -
Let's get to it. Here's what's on my mind this Friday -
1. I have a laundry list of blog posts I need to get written. Chicago wedding, Foxwoods casino bachelorette party, a 30-minute meal take on Chipotle's burrito bowls (J's new fav dinner), zucchini salad, a house to-do list.....uh the list goes on! Keep reading, please! pretty please.
2. I saw a sign at Homegoods this weekend that made me laugh, because this is EXACTLY how I'm feeling lately: I can't tell if life is flying by or trying to run me over. Ha! After this head cold, I have definitely been run over! But hey, it's all in the name of celebrating with good friends and making our new house our home. Not enough hours in the day anymore.
3. Speaking of making our house a home - remember when I cried over
spilled milk a broken lamp? Would you believe that I found the exact same lamp at Homegoods 2 years later!! I was that creep that broke out into ear to ear grin, pulled out my phone, and snapped a picture to send to J immediately. I could not wait until it was purchased and home to tell him the news.
4. I've been having so much fun reading along as YHL renovates their new home and feeling like we are on the exact same page lately! It's kinda crazy. Of course they blog for a living and update us immediately, but hey doesn't that mean I had the posts first?! (YHL vs. TTLC & YHL vs. TTLC). Ok maybe it's a stretch but seriously, I feel ya YHL - bleeding money over here. Like burst artery
blood money all over the place. Make it stop.
5. And now for the big announcement.....!!! In an effort to curb a little spending, I've decided that July will be a no shopping challenge over here. No clothing purchases, no accessories, no mani/pedi's, no new Essie polishes, no haircuts (squeezing one in Saturday, phew!), basically nothing unnecessary. I am not including home purchases in this as we do have a lot to get done still. But nothing will be added to my closet this month!
Looking forward to remixing a few new outfits!
I encourage you to join me! I'm so excited by the amount of feed back I've received on this and how many of you really want to participate in a No Shop July Challenge. So let's make this fun! If you have a blog and want to participate in weekly (Wednesday) posts during July let me know and I will add a link-up. And make sure you grab the button I created for you over to the right. Wednesdays I will be highlighting outfit inspirations I've found online, magazine, etc and how I shopped my own closet to re-create them.
If you do not have a blog and would like to participate, send me an email! (by Monday nights ok?) I would LOVE to include you.
Include the following in your No Shop July posts/email to me:
- Inspirational photo (or link)
- A photo of your re-created outfit
- Any links you can provide to what you are wearing
Let's have some fun, and save some money!!
So, any weekend plans? A few last minute purchases before July perhaps? :)
I realized yesterday that I hadn't had my hair cut since December? Whoops. Going in for a clean-up bright and early tomorrow. And there's no doubt we'll be tackling a few things around the house this weekend, gotta take advantage of the plan-free weekends!
Have a fantastic weekend!
If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!