Even though I've already recapped our holiday weekend (minus the weddings), I have plenty to share. Don't you worry.
1. Tucker spent a few nights with my parents last weekend while J and I shuffled between weddings. And he just loves his bff Bruno's spare bed. It's a memory foam that my parents picked up at Petco and its plenty cushy. Heck I'd nap on it. I've been meaning to order Tucker a new bed since we moved. I promised him one. His size Medium, worn in bed just isn't cutting it anymore. This boy has gotten big in the last couple years! This is how I found him the other night. A bit dramatic no? I have never seen a dog kick their bed aside before.
Your new bed is on its way sir. Size XL. Now get off my Moroccan rug!
2. I found myself painting again the other night. Obviously with a glass of wine. I recently purchased some frames matted down to 5x7 that I'm planning to cut this down to fit (its on 9x12 paper). Maybe frame 2? Such an easy way to add a pop of color to a room.
3. I splurged...and I'm so excited to test this out tomorrow morning on our long run. Wednesday morning we decided to push our run a little bit and ended up running an extra 2 miles, thinking it was just an extra mile. We both felt great and I really wish I knew what our pace was. This (Garmin Forerunner 10) is certainly one of the more affordable options if you're looking, and the reviews are great.
4. This week in the bathroom renovation decisions....it's granite time! We've been hoping to find a remnant large enough to cut a double sink vanity, bench seat, threshold to the shower, and two ledges which the shower glass will sit upon. Crazy, right? But it will look incredible. Here are a few options we have, given our requirements. And I think one just might work out perfectly...
5. And lastly, have I made you wait long enough? A glimpse at the bathroom space! (Here's what we started with)
Yes, that is plumbing for two shower heads. Bom chicka wah wah. Haha I am so sorry, I had to.
And the grouted, dirty (sorry!) floor. 12x24" tiles laid in a running board pattern, perpendicular with the vanity & shower wall:
Unfortunately, our contractor is at a little bit of a standstill until we pick the granite, even though the vanity isn't in yet. The bench piece needs to go in before the walls are tiled, the walls need to be tiled before the shower floor gets tiled, and the batten board can't be properly measured until the granite ledges are installed on the half walls (so that the batten board is even with it). Oops. So ya, granite decision being made today!
Any weekend plans for you?
We are heading to the Cape for a friend's wedding! I cannot wait.
Expect next week to be a wedding week extravaganza. I have so much to fill you in on.
Have a fantastic weekend!
If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!