Wednesday 2 October 2013

What I Wore: Wedding Style, Part II

I realize my outfit posts have been few and far between lately. Honestly, my closet is covered in a layer of dust, half of my sweaters still aren't unpacked, and neither are my fall shoes/boots. Until our bathroom renovation is done, my daily work wear isn't all the exciting. It's more of a what's not wrinkled/ what's not covered in dust decision lately. I'm hoping to have an hour or two this weekend to get out my cooler clothes and put away the summer ones. Oh and clean up the contractor's mess! Ugh.

So until then, I'd love to share the rest of my wedding outfits this week and next. If you missed my first recap, you can find it here. As I've mentioned before (and recapped here and here) we had two weddings Labor Day Weekend. Not only did I love the weddings themselves, but I just loved the dresses I was able to wear. One thing I can recommend now, tailoring. It makes such a difference. And depending on what you need done, it can be reasonably priced.

Wedding #1
 Dress: Lily Pulitzer (via Rue La La)

Tip: I googled the dress name before buying since it was a clearance, final sale item and found many reviews. Including, and most helpful, Rent the Runway where reviewers can leave photos of themselves in the dress (here). This was incredibly helpful!

Wedding #2
Dress: Modcloth

I didn't do so well getting photos of my dress at this wedding. Especially since the back is the best part! Check the link above.

With so many weddings this year, I only bought dresses if they were reasonably priced, on sale, etc. The final sale deals on Rue La La can be totally worth it if you know what size you need (since they're usually final sale).


What's your favorite shop/site to buy dresses?
My go-to's tend to be J.Crew, J.Crew Factory, Rue La La


If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment