Wednesday 1 February 2012

Time for a change

Welcome! I can't say I'm not hesitant to do this, pull the trigger and publish my first blog post. But as much as I enjoy reading blogs, I need my own creative outlet. And let's just say that being a tax accountant does not really provide me with that opportunity.

Since buying our first place in April 2010, I have slowly found myself more and more interested in all things house & home. Have a great recipe? Send it my way. Care to share a DIY home project? I'd love to hear about it. Although it took me a few months, more like close to a year, to pull the plug on any major design decisions in our condo, I now carry around a list of home to-do projects and am so excited to make this place ours. My husband has been so great at allowing me to take the reins on our home design, and lending a hand when needed. Even surprising me with painting the living room while I had to work one weekend! He's a keeper! Sorry, super corny there.

So, getting back to allowing my creative juices to flow. 2012 is going to be a big year for us Cordeiro's, and I can't wait. More importantly, I can't wait to share! I am a total talker, hence the name of the blog. I love my family, friends, and life in general- and I love to share all the great memories I have. I have always loved documenting life through photography but would be lying if I said I knew much more than the standard capabilities of a point and shoot.

Well when said point and shoot decided to no longer focus after surviving college and then some, it was time to up the anti. But with little to no experience with a DSLR, would I be crazy to splurge on one?

Herein lies the perfect compromise. And my darling husband J was kind enough to "surprise" me with it for Christmas :)- the Canon S95.

Canon S95
This camera is still a point and shoot but also provides manual options. My plan is to master this, and if I still find myself enjoying photography, well then my next investment will be a DSLR. And while you can't necessarily carry a DSLR around with you everywhere, the S95 is the perfect companion.

My first photo taken on the new camera-

Isn't he handsome? :)



And the other fella in my life?

Tucker
J & I rescued Tucker back in September 2010 and I can't imagine life without him. I can't lie, he is our spoiled baby boy.

Wow, first post and it's already getting wordy. I'll work on that.... and leave you with a photo I took playing with the settings of my new camera Christmas Eve.




I plan on posting weekly on a variety of topics- travel, home decor, recipes, and the weddings events we have coming up for 5 dear family and friends who will be getting married in 2012. Oh and did I mention J&I have decided to travel to Morocco this year? Like I said, 2012 is going to be great!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment