Sunday 24 March 2013

Liebstar Awards

Well look at that, a weekend post! I was originally planning on addressing this Friday, but then I went out with old roommates Thursday night, and we ordered 3 bottles of wine....It's restaurant week here in Boston so you just have to get out and try some new restaurants with girlfriends! Heading to Morton's tonight with our parents!

Last week, Jackie awarded me a Liebster Award. Thank you! How sweet of you. Copying this word for word from her blog, "The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award, the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note."





So, here we go. Here are the rules;


1. Share 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Choose 11 fellow bloggers to nominate (or however many you'd like). The nominees must have under 200 followers. Tell them in a comment in their blog.
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have decided to nominate.
5. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.


Let's start with 11 things about myself - 

  1. My favorite color is purple, but I don't often choose it for clothes. 
  2. I'm totally freaked out by spiders. If I notice one is because it moves, I cannot help the blood curdling scream that leaves my body. If I notice one on my own, without it moving, I'm usually ok and just avoid it.
  3. I get really restless when we don't have any travel plans in the future, even if they're 6+ months away. I like having something planned and booked. 
  4. I never ever thought I'd own a dog other than a labrador retriever. And until recently I thought for sure it would be our second dog. Tucker has really changed my view on doggies.
  5. I'd really like to train for another half-marathon within the next year.
  6. I don't want to say that I need coffee in the morning, but I really enjoy it. I've accepted the fact that caffeine is part of my morning routine, and I'm ok with that.
  7. I don't know if it's my metabolism, my Italian heritage, or what, but I am always hungry. Always. I could snack all day.
  8. I hate doing laundry, so I taught my husband how to do it. :)
  9. I love boats and being out on the water but get terribly seasick. 
  10. I think I know how to do so many house projects thanks to HGTV, DIY network, and blog reading.
  11. I share my birthday (Thursday!) with Vince Vaughn, Julia Stiles, and Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga and I were born on the same day....she clearly stole all the musical talent. 

And here are Jackie's questions for me:


  1. What unexpected thing have you learned from blogging? This one's tough! That people enjoy hearing what I have to say. Seriously though, it's been really surprising (and so exciting) to hear from old friends from high school and college, old co-workers, etc who read my blog. Not gonna lie, I LOVE hearing it. And I love when girlfriends tell me "this better be on the blog" when we're out together. :)
  2. What is your favorite food and drink? Currently, red wine and mac n cheese. (Not together, that's gross).
  3. Dogs or cats? Dogs
  4. What is your most successful DIY project? Toss up between my skinny gallery wall and refinished kitchen chairs.
  5. What is your favorite accessory? Wedding rings for sure. And my gold Michael Kors watch.
  6. Favorite band when you were 15 and favorite band now? Easy, Mariah Carey then, probably Jack Johnson now. Both are amazing live performers. 
  7. What is your dream job? Raising my future family. Not that I don't see myself working, but some things will change. 
  8. The farthest destination you've travelled? Hawaii's further than Morocco right?
  9. Favorite recipe you've made recently? Turkey meatloaf
  10. Which actor/actress would you like to play you in a movie about your life? Sofia Vergara. She probably has the closest shape to mine. ;)
  11. What is your worst habit or guilty pleasure? Justifying purchases because they're on sale. Justifying calories because I just worked out. So so bad about it! 
And who I'll be nominating for this award:
Some of these girls are my BIGGEST supporters, and these are all awesome blogs you should read.

Amelia at It's a Colorful Life (she just started blogging and I'm loving her writing!)





I'm excited to see what you ladies have to say about the following 11 questions:

  1. Where would you plan your ideal vacation to?
  2. What is your favorite thing to go shopping for?
  3. Favorite nail polish color?
  4. What is your go-to meal to cook for yourself, or when entertaining?
  5. What is your ideal date night?
  6. If you could choose one season to live in, which would it be?
  7. What's the one piece of make-up (chapstick included) you can't live without?
  8. Actor you crushed on during your teenage years?
  9. Favorite TV show on right now?
  10. First blog you read everyday, or when you check blogs?
  11. Favorite sport or way you get exercise in? 

Thank you again Jackie!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Ladies, start thinking about your responses. :)


If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment