So let's get to today's post. More home planning!
As I mentioned last Monday, one of our priorities in our new home will be to reface the deck. We are very thankful that the frame of our future deck is in great shape, but the deck itself has started splintering and rotting. We'll be refacing it as soon as we can once moved in.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet on the blog, but our next home has an in-ground pool off of the deck. I am SO excited for this! Don't worry, I've already hired a pool boy. Having worked for a pool company for a few years during high school, J's resume checked out. He's totally qualified for the job. :)
With that said, having an outdoor space to entertain is extremely important to us! As in, we'll be spending our money on outdoor furniture before addressing a guest room most likely. I am really hoping we'll be spending many weekends hosting friends and family to pool parties and cookouts because A) we'll be broke from the move and won't be heading to the bars and B) I want everyone to feel welcome at our pool any and every time they'd like to come by! All seriousness there.
So, here are some ideas for our deck, where we hope to be dining and lounging for the next 4+ months.
1. Dining Space - we'd love to buy a 7 piece set. Even though a table that seats 6 wouldn't fit our extended families, I think it would be a great size for us.
2. Outdoor Couch - wouldn't this be perfect? We are searching high and low for an affordable outdoor lounge set. Ideally, I would love a couch/loveseat and two chairs but this post really makes me want a huge sectional...
via Home Depot
3. Greenery - I honestly have no idea if I'm a gardener or not. I can't say that I've had all that much experience outside of helping my mom weed once and a while growing up. I am horrible at keeping house plants alive, but I'm hoping I have better luck outdoors. I am dreaming of the day where we have fresh herbs and tomatoes growing on our back deck, and possibly a small vegetable garden at some point down the road. How gorgeous is this terrace space?
4. Shade from the sun - this one is a someday idea....but we would love to enclose part of the deck into a screened porch. We will be living in a fairly wooded area...meaning lots of mosquitos. Help me! But until that day, how about a DIY pergola to shield some of the deck space from the sun?
5. Lights - I love those string globe lights. Hopefully we'll be able to incorporate a few strands into our outdoor space.
via Pinterest / original source unknown
What about you? What would you include in your ideal outdoor space?
If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!