Monday 8 October 2012

Precious Life


This was something I had originally decided not to share on my blog. But after a tragedy that occurred this weekend, I realized that maybe we all need a little life lesson. It can't hurt, right?

My not so talkative week last week was because I was busy spending time with family reminiscing and honoring my wonderful grandfather‎ who is now sailing the seas of heaven along with my grandmother. He was an amazing man with a big heart and possibly an even bigger sweet tooth. He had an infectious laugh, a love for boating, and was one of the best dressed guys I know.

We are all so thankful for this wonderful moment my mom was able to capture before he got sick. Because it sure does sum him up and is how I'll always remember him.




This past weekend I heard some of the saddest news I've heard in a while. A friend from high school, a girl with a heart of gold, died in a tragic car accident. In a split second life has changed for so many. My heart goes out to her family and close friends. My heart just aches. I don't think there is anyone who can say that their life wasn't positively affected by their interaction with Caitlin. She was our class president, an amazing dancer and cheerleader, prom queen and more. And she deserved every single accolade. Our high school class was unbelievably close. I cherish my memories of high school and wouldn't have had it any other way. We have lost one of the best. Someone who seemed to have been sent here to teach us all how to love, how to accept others for who they are, how to appreciate what we have, and work hard for what we want in life. Caitlin's life was cut short and it's hard to understand why.

She will be remembered for her bright smile and her positive energy that affected everyone around her. She will be remembered for her talent, her enthusiasm, and her kindness.

I saw this quote on facebook a few times this weekend as we all shared memories of Cait and I just loved it. If I knew who wrote it I would certainly give credit. But either way, please do me a favor and let those who matter to you know. During my grandfather's services I heard someone say he was under appreciated at times - which was so true. And now it's too late.

"I will never really understand life; whether it is fate, destiny, coincidence, chance, choice, or grand design, but something I do know is that what happens is not always right, and what's right does not always happen. We cannot control time, how fast it passes, or when it runs out. Use your time wisely, hug tight, laugh loud, live happy, because you can't buy it back."

Rest peacefully my angels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment