Wednesday 21 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you're all surrounded with family and friends today, eating a delicious meal, and enjoying great conversation and quality time.

J & I are spending Thanksgiving with his family this year. And, really not so small world, my parents are coming! Yep. My mom was gracious enough to hold her own Thanksgiving this past Sunday so that J & I are able to celebrate with both families. Of course, J's mom was there Sunday so really we get to celebrate with both sets of parents twice. No complaints here!

What's your favorite food at Thanksgiving? I think mine would have to be the stuffing. It is just so flavorful.

But before we eat, we'll be running a thanksgiving 5k this morning with siblings and friends. Going to work up a big appetite!

I am so thankful for two wonderful families to go home to every holiday. I am thankful for my sweet husband who's put up with me for more than 10 years. I am thankful that my sister & brother-in-law are now only a 2 hour flight away and we're going to see them next weekend!! I'm thankful for the set of siblings I've gained since marrying in to J's family. I'm thankful for the amazing set of friends J & I have. And I'm thankful for this little slice of the web that lets me share my thoughts with you.

If you're going shopping tomorrow, good luck!! I'll be working. Blah. BUT, J & I are going to see Ray LaMontagne tomorrow night and I can't wait!! Our first dance at our wedding was by him and his smokey, sultry voice is amazing live. Three years married, and 3 Ray concerts later, still love him.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And enjoy the extra long weekend if you have Friday off!

No comments:

Post a Comment