Monday 5 November 2012

Window Panes

How's your Monday treating you? Did you have a nice weekend? We had a great weekend over here and have some fun condo updates to share soon. Can't wait! But for now, here's Monday's home decor post.

Something you don't see everyday is colorfully painted interior windows and doors. I love the look of black exterior windows so why not bring it inside?

Last month when I was home for my grandfather's funeral, I spent a lot of time flipping through old photo albums. (Side note - what are we going to do in fifty years when no one has photo albums anymore? Will we still have the digital prints from fifty years earlier? So strange.)

Anywhoo, I came across this photo of myself and it brought back many, many memories. One thing I've learned from my mom through the years, do not be afraid to take risks. Don't mind the obnoxious face I chose to make in this photo, apparently I did not want my photo taken.


My mom chose to paint the interior door and windows in the sun room of our old home turquoise. You daredevil, you! And I loved it! Still do in fact. If I had to guess, this paint job was definitely done while my dad was away because there is NO way he would have said yes to this. This was how many risks were taken in my household growing up. Do it while dads away, if he doesn't like it, he can paint it back. Love it! Remembering this one.... ;)

Here are some other color options that add such character to the rooms - Would you dare? I am certainly keeping this in mind for our future home.

via 

via 


Currently, I'm thinking black exterior windows if we end up with a white or light grey home, colorful interior windows in a room that gets a lot of natural sunlight and possibly a navy, or dark grey door to the master bedroom. Who knows what our future home will look like so these are just some ideas. But we'll see! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment