Thursday 21 February 2013

Gym Jams


I'm baaaaack! Whew, it feels really good to be back at the gym. I don't know why I took so much time off, it just sort of happened. And it was incredibly hard to break the cycle of sleeping in. But when J & I sat down for our Valentine's Day meal, we started talking about Lent and what to give up. If I can think of something to better myself, I would rather do that than giving something up just for the heck of it. How does giving up the snooze button sound? Uh-mazing! You are a genious, J.

Sidenote - I am horrible about the snooze button. Legit, I've hit it for an hour many, many times. I don't know why, it just happens. Poor J.

So when I set my alarm for the gym in the morning, I've just got to do it. And damn it feels good (and so sore). 60 days to Florida is also a great motivator for us! 60-day shred baby!

Anyways, what the heck is this post about?! Ah, gym music. I cannot live run without music on the treadmill. Our first workout back at the gym was Monday night. I decided to start out on the treadmill and see how I felt. My goal was to run a 5k. If it was tough, slow down, but no stopping. Honestly, I don't think I could have ran it without my playlist - I felt great, and the upbeat music was the best.

Here are some of my go-to running jams. I should preface this by saying - gym workouts only. Some of this stuff is a bit too intense for me to listen to outside of a good workout, or occasionally when I need to really focus on work. Or the occasional dance party....Oh, and I am loving Calvin Harris lately. His Pandora station rocks my socks when I need a real good pick me up (cleaning, running, focusing on excel for far too long (nerd alert))


Did you picture me as an EDM fan? I know - crazy. But when running, I need something very motivating, and the beat to electronic music seems to keep me going.

J is awesome at finding new music for me so I have to give him credit for many of these (not my boy Calvin though). Let me know if any of these songs find their way onto your workout playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment