Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pocket Doors

Since I used my Monday post to recap Nemo, today I'm getting back to my weekly home design post.

How do you feel about pocket doors? Indifferent? I was certainly indifferent to them until I lived with them. And you know what? They are just plain awesome.

I can't say for sure how many years ago my parents put an addition on their house, maybe 12 years ago (mom?) and they opted to put a pocket door in for the hall bathroom. Genius! What a space saver. I loved the idea of it.

The condo J and I purchased is actually deeded as a 2 bedroom - the second bedroom being where our living room is. But because it's technically a bedroom, there's a set of doors separating the kitchen from it - in the form of double pocket doors. It is such a great use of the existing walls. And it's nice to give any guests who spend the night in our guest room living room a little privacy. As an early bird, I love that I can get up, get the coffee going, take Tucker out, etc and not disturb guests.

Would you consider pocket doors if you were given the opportunity? Here are a couple rooms with pocket doors that I'd love to have in my future home.


Pocket doors to the outdoors? Seriously? Amazing.

What do you think? Are pocket doors for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment