- Eat healthier: Less dairy, more fruits & vegetables, more water, less caffeine and at least one green smoothie a week. My father-in-law made me a green smoothie of kale, apple, and ginger on Christmas and it was the best thing ever. I've seriously craved it. Unfortunately, we don't have a Vitamix to blend kale to a fine oblivion....annd I may have killed our blender recently when ambitiously trying to make banana ice cream for more than 2 people. Oops! Any good blender deals out there??
- Pick up daily: I've been reading the Happiness Project and am absolutely loving it. One thing that has stuck with me so far is to spend a few minutes before bed picking up. Our condo is small. Trying to control the clutter can become overwhelming, but picking up daily is my best defense.
- Run another half marathon - Last year's half marathon was hard. Mentally & physically really. But I absolutely loved training for it. I just really hated it the day of the race. Maybe it was my cold, maybe not. Either way, it hasn't sat right with me since I crossed the finish line. I'd like to beat it this time, if that makes sense.
- Buy a car - I've been informed that my precious car is on her last leg. I've had her for the past 6+ years and absolutely love her. The thought of a car payment on a new car gives me agita (first definition- thank you my Italian family). But man are the new Explorers nice! I'm sorry, I know, such a gas guzzler. But Tucker and any future babies need space & safety!
- Fine-tune this blog - Maybe you've notice, maybe you haven't, but this blog is fairly basic. Blogger does most of the design work for me. I've learned some small coding here or there to get buttons to show up but I'd love to take this blog to the next step. I received the book Blog, Inc. for Christmas and am really excited to learn some new ideas, tips, and tricks from it. Also, I need YOU to tell me what you like, don't like. I absolutely love it when someone tells me how much they love the blog (keep it coming!) but constructive criticism is key too.
- Travel - I can't sit still, I can't stay in one place too long, and I can't stop traveling. Can't stop, won't stop. Thankfully, J doesn't seem to mind. Like I've mentioned before, we try to see a new city each year - even if it's just for a long weekend. (Have you seen this book? So neat, but I would never spend $65 on it...). I'm also really, really hoping we can get to Europe by the end of the year. This is a lofty goal I realize with everything we have coming up, but a long weekend in Paris just sounds so dreamy.
- Move - ya, I'm throwing this one out there too. I kinda, sorta, really want to move. As much as I love our condo and its ideal location, the space situation is getting to me. Yes, there are pros and cons to leaving the city but I'm pretty ready for a driveway, a yard for Tucker, an actual office for J, and a guest bedroom or two for visitors. I need more space, yo! But, I am not holding my breath on this one. I am trying really hard to go with the flow on this one, if it happens it happens. (Ok that's a total lie, I really want to be that person who can go with the flow, I'm just not. I'm a planner, and have planned down to the penny how much we'll have saved each month towards the next home.....I.can't.help.it)
So there you have it, my resolutions and goals for 2013. Someone please hold me accountable to them now!