Friday 9 March 2012

Terrible Twos

Does terrible twos happen in dog years? I'm beginning to think it does. On my 4 hour bus ride back from NYC a few weekends ago I decided to look through the gazillion photos on my phone and see what could be deleted. I quickly realized how many photos I had of Tucker's destruction of our home. The dog was a maniac his first seven years!

Don't get me wrong, I can't imagine my life without him. And he is so flippin smart it scares me at times. He learned commands much, much quicker than any dog I've owned in the past. I don't know if it's his mix of breeds, or because he was a rescue dog, but he is very loyal to us and will do anything we say in the hopes of a treat. The best command we've taught him, by far, is go to your bed. We bring that puppy with us everywhere (ok, maybe not everywhere, but definitely on any overnight trips), and make sure Tuck knows where it is from the minute we arrive. So that if and when we need to tell him to go lie down we simply say "go lie down" or "where's your bed" or "on your bed." They all seem to work, and Tuck will, 9 times out of 10, go lie on his bed. It is nothing short of a miracle if you ask me, especially since he's not even 2 yet.

But even still, he has his moments. And when I saw this photo on pinterest the other day, I almost died. NOW it alllll makes sense! ha. We've always joked that its some type of separation anxiety, and he has a really hard time when J leaves him. J's office is home so he spends much more time with Tucker.

via

Here are a few examples I found on my phone....

Hung curtains, then ran out for maybe 10 mins to grab an iced coffee at the local coffee shop...came back to this...
Ripped right out of the wall!


J went to the gym and accidentally left his phone on the couch....

Found this one in my messages from J, went through a period where we couldn't leave ANY paper, receipts, magazines, etc in Tuck's reach or else....
   

Tuck's first Christmas & Tuck's relationship with a potted plant....notice how proud he is of his work and the dead potted plant in the back corner (you can just make out the  plant in the Christmas photo...it was pretty big)

And what really kills us is how they say dogs have short memory! That unless you catch them in the act, they don't know what they did wrong. TUCK KNOOOWWWS. Trust me, the minute one of us gets home he cowers, and lies on his bed, and tries not to make eye contact. Or goes and lies by the stairs. It's crazy! This picture cracked me up.

via

But let's face it....he's still the cutest, smartest, most lovable dog I know (bias much? :) )

And that is why I was relieved when I saw this picture-
via

I am totally normal! :)



SO hopefully, we're done with those terrible "twos" and on to bigger and better tricks! I'll keep you posted. :)

Oh, and TGIF! Whoop! Whoop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment